forum.jpg (4424 bytes)     "Inside  every small problem is a large problem struggling to get out."

Rules Forum Contributors [For contributors only]

Topics

Applications
Auctions
Bargaining
Experimental Economics
Forum
General Equilibrium
Napster
other
Other Topics
Prisoners Dilemma
Zero Sum Games

Thread and Full Text View

Ask a question about: Other Topics
Respond to the question: diabetes and blood sugar levels?

08/24/2015 12:18 AM by Anthony Mann; Tips to prevent or control diabetes
[View full text and thread]

08/24/2015 12:07 AM by name withheld; Diabetes is a lifelong condition that causes a person's blood sugar level to become too high
When you have diabetes, your blood sugar (glucose) levels are consistently high. Over time, this can damage your body and lead to many other problems. Understanding blood glucose level ranges is key to both diabetes diagnosis and [View full text and thread]

12/02/2014 09:05 AM by name withheld; diabetes and blood sugar levels

12/02/2014 08:54 AM by name withheld; diabetes and blood sugar levels
If you are in need of an accurate blood sugar levels chart please read this. I predict in the future that the word 'diabetes' will come to describe a cluster of symptoms (poor blood sugar control, Glycosuria, neuropathy, etc.) rather than a disease. A blood sugar levels chart is used to determine this values. Then Type 1 can get it's own name reflective of the autoimmune condition that underlies it, and Type 2 would be filed under insulin resistance/metabolic syndrome. The confusion stems from two very different conditions that cause very similar symptoms. Again, blood sugar levels chart can be used to determine this condition. I'm surprised to see no mention of the Newcastle diet or Dr. Taylor in this article. He set out to understand why bariatric surgery cures diabetes in many cases. He also produced an accurate blood sugar levels chart for patients. His studies demonstrate that it's all about severe weight loss and that a severely calorie restricted diet (800 calories per day) over 8 weeks cures diabetes (although blood sugar returns to normal within a week or two insulin levels take longer). He simultaneously measured liver fat and pancreatic fat via MRI in the study participants and found a very strong correlation. As you lose this organ fat your blood sugar and insulin levels return to normal i.e your liver and pancreas again function normally. A link to blood sugar levels chart was posted above. Here's more information on it. Magnesium deficiency has been linked to type 2 diabetes. The link between pharmaceuticals that deplete cellular magnesium and the increase in type-2 diabetes should be examined. Fluoroquinolone antibiotics - Cipro/ciprofloxacin, Levaquin/levofloxacin, Avelox/moxifloxacin, Floxin/Ofloxacin and a few others - have been shown to both deplete intracellular magnesium, and to cause severe dysglycemia and peripheral neuropathy. Blood sugar levels will fall or rise as a consequence. A recent article published in the journal Medical Hypothesis found that prescription rates for fluoroquinolones track type 2 diabetes rates to a tee. Most interestingly, there has been a downturn in type 2 diabetes rates since prescription rates for fluoroquinolones has decreased. You're correct that sufficient, intermittent restriction of refined carbs (NOT those in whole vegetables & whole fruits) does lead to reduction in insulin production and in short order to reduction in insulin sensitivity but may affect blood sugar levels gradually. I think ReverseDementia's take applies only to consistent low-carb dieting...which for some people (but not all) can lead to low blood sugar. Low blood sugar does indeed have negative effects on mood & cognition. Common sense often sounds wonderfully sensible...and is often wonderfully wrong. Since when is "standard dietary advice" to eat a high refined carb-diet which directly affect blood sugar levels? Almost all standard advice is against it except maybe in very small amounts. It must be stated that Vegans, who certainly don't follow the low carb diet are thinner in virtually all cross sectional studies than meat eaters. Since stopping eating meat, I have lost even more weight and am at a much lower BMI (21) than most low carb spokespeople, such as Gary Taubes (25) and Loren Cordain, even though I was much fatter. My blood sugar levels are more stable as a consequence too. I also lost a lot of weight by exercise, and this is usually thought of as ineffective for weight loss in low carb circles. [Manage messages]

12/02/2014 08:51 AM by name withheld; diabetes and blood sugar levels