forum.jpg (4424 bytes)     "Inside  every small problem is a large problem struggling to get out."

Rules Forum Contributors [For contributors only]

Topics

Applications
Auctions
Bargaining
Experimental Economics
Forum
General Equilibrium
Napster
other
Other Topics
Prisoners Dilemma
Zero Sum Games

Thread and Full Text View

Ask a question about: Forum
Respond to the question: Payoff Matrix?

04/29/2001 11:25 AM by Rodrigo; payoff matrix
Yes, it seems to be a simultaneous game. You have two players: A and B. Each player has two actions: R (reduce price) and S (same price). Write a 2x2 matrix, where rows represent A's actions and columns represent B's actions. The northwest entry is (R,R)=(10,10). The southwest is (S,R)=(0,20), the northeast is (R,S)=(20,0), and the southeast is (S,S)=(5,5). Try to understand how to get this matrix from the information you have. For the second problem, I guess you could link it to the matrix problem in the first problem. A good book for a start in game theory is Birman & Fernandez. [Manage messages]

04/29/2001 06:25 AM by Brandon;
Hi! I'll try and guide you here if I can.... From your question, it isn't clear if it's a sequential game or a simultaneous game. You've 2 players and 2 strategies (reduce price; don't reduce price). This is if it's a simultaneous [View full text and thread]

04/29/2001 06:25 AM by Brandon;
Hi! I'll try and guide you here if I can.... From your question, it isn't clear if it's a sequential game or a simultaneous game. You've 2 players and 2 strategies (reduce price; don't reduce price). This is if it's a simultaneous [View full text and thread]

04/29/2001 04:41 AM by name withheld; Payoff Matrix
This is probably a very elementary question regarding economics but I am taking an internet class and just cannot comprehend this chapter. Here are the questions that I am trying to answer. I am not asking for an answer. I am looking [View full text and thread]