forum.jpg (4424 bytes)     "Inside  every small problem is a large problem struggling to get out."

Rules Forum Contributors [For contributors only]

Topics

Applications
Auctions
Bargaining
Experimental Economics
Forum
General Equilibrium
Napster
other
Other Topics
Prisoners Dilemma
Zero Sum Games

Thread and Full Text View

Ask a question about: Other Topics
Respond to the question: Is this peakload pricing or 3rd degree?

03/06/2001 06:53 AM by Brandon; 3rd degree price discrimination indeed
Yes, I think I spoofed. The initial view I had was that of 3rd degree price discrimination too but I had mixed feeling when I thought about the size of the fleet (the capital outlay) which the company would have to consider. Is it possible/likely that the company is faced with 2 possible choices? 1) have a small fleet of ferries so that it would be at full capacity for both the peak and off-peak period 2) have a peak period fleet so that only during the off-peak period would there is spare capacity.

I'm waiting for my question to be marked and returned. I'll have to seriously take a look at it when I get it back :) Thanks again. [Manage messages]

03/05/2001 11:02 AM by Rodrigo; 3rd degree discrimination
Hi, Brandon, I have a case for 3rd degree price discrimination. 3rd degree discrimination occurs when different submarkets are charged different linear price functions. This discrimination is founded on observable signals about consumer [View full text and thread]

03/04/2001 11:51 PM by Brandon; Is this peak-load pricing or 3rd degree price discrimination?
Hi! I'm not very sure if the following is a case of 3rd degree price discrimination or peak-load pricing. Need a little help. Thank you! My 1st guess is that peak-load pricing is being carried out here but I'm not too [View full text and thread]