forum.jpg (4424 bytes)     "Inside  every small problem is a large problem struggling to get out."

Rules Forum Contributors [For contributors only]

Topics

Applications
Auctions
Bargaining
Experimental Economics
Forum
General Equilibrium
Napster
other
Other Topics
Prisoners Dilemma
Zero Sum Games

Thread and Full Text View

Ask a question about: Auctions
Respond to the question: Kindly request direction on applying gam?

08/25/2012 08:37 AM by name withheld; Interesting
[View full text and thread]

10/12/2000 08:21 PM by Yue Zhang;
I think he's talking about the model of some online retailers, such as www.mobshop.com. With more buyer participate, the price will drop according to some rule. So for a buyer, he has to determine when to come in and for a seller, he [View full text and thread]

05/23/2000 12:56 PM by Eric Chou;
Can you clearify some of the confusion in your description of the issue? I put my question in the <> in your original text. ============================================ The issue involves a series of transactions that are finite in duration <Does the "duration" means duration of each transaction or the number of the transactions?> and involve potentially dissimilar offerings between sessions <what do you mean by "dissimilar offering between sessions?>. On one hand there are buyers who have current knowledge of price and demand. On the other hand, there are sellers, who can potentially change from session to session, who also have current knowledge of price and demand. However, neither party has knowledge of who is on the other side of the transaction <Why does this matter? are you thinking about making punishment harder becasue the player can not identify the identity of their opponent? Are you thinking about a random matching game?>. The transaction starts with an opening bid from a seller and progresses with Buyers entering the market at the current price with the motivation to bring other buyers <why would the other player enter the game! ? What determine the number of buyer in each transaction?> in so that their collective actions <what clooective actions?> may induce another seller participant to make a pricing move downward. The cycle continues with demand generation that is fueled by pricing decisions and ends because of either a time constraint or quantity limitation.<What implication you wish to get out of this?> =============================================

[Manage messages]

05/11/2000 03:54 PM by name withheld; Kindly request direction on applying game theory to bidding/reverse auction model.
I was greatly impressed by your web page. I found it while trying to research an issue that I believe is applicable to game theory... I'm trying to find an applicable model that I can research further and would appreciate some [View full text and thread]